Thank you Napa!
Since launching this organization, more than 500 of you have contacted us with your comments and concerns. and signed up for updates. Importantly, all of you want the city to take action that slows cars and trucks on our neighborhood streets. There is a strong consensus that speeding is dangerous, it has become unbearable and action is required. Your comments over the past year have provided a blueprint for the city to follow. The Dec 7,2021 council meeting reinforced the data Slow Down Napa has collected. Twenty-four residents spoke at the public comment section of the meeting. They were angry and frustrated. We hope the council heard their pleas.
Please write to our Mayor and City Council
Express your opinion and ask for change. Request a reply so we know if he/she supports a major change in traffic policy and enforcement. Here’s a list of actions you might include along with your own suggestions.
1. Speed limits of 25mph or less clearly painted on the streets.
2. More signage especially the electronic signs that display your speed.
3. Clearly marked crosswalks on busy streets,
4. A police traffic unit capable of enforcing limits and issuing citations.
5. Having staff at the Police Department and Public Works return phone calls.
6. Keeping us informed early and frequently regarding changes to be implemented.
There is strength in numbers and we need your help!
Their contact information is available at the Napa City website, click below.